This blog is primarily concerned with NIS 2007 (and a bit on NIS 08). I have nothing to say about more recent versions.

This blog is more or less dormant (except for occasional comments on related news), and is being left on-line as a historical record and perhaps as a warning to future generations of anti-virus coders.

2007-10-23

Item 16: Download filesize = random numbers

I manually run LiveUpdate. After it downloads 47 library files (I'm not kidding, 47 files) it tells me I need to download about 10MB of updates. Fine, so I click Next and it almost instantly changes its diminutive little mind and now tells me that the 10MB is actually 5MB.

Why are they so stupid?

The only thing separating the two screen captures shown above is clicking [Next] and a few seconds.

I really dislike Stupid and with Symantec it's like you're up to your ears in Stupid.

They should be called 'Stupidmantec'.

No comments: