This blog is primarily concerned with NIS 2007 (and a bit on NIS 08). I have nothing to say about more recent versions.

This blog is more or less dormant (except for occasional comments on related news), and is being left on-line as a historical record and perhaps as a warning to future generations of anti-virus coders.

2007-12-19

Desktop fading away...

My old reliable desktop is slowly sinking under a rising tide of Symantec problems.

It locks up. I do a hard reboot. It runs a Check Disk and typically finds about a dozen corrupted Symantec files. Nothing but Symantec files.

I'm going to have to set aside a day during my Xmas vacation to uninstall Symantec, repair XP, and then try a fresh install of NIS 07.

Then of course, I'll have to download 137 Gajillion bytes of Symantec updates (which undoubtedly will involve about 900 reboots).

Better make that TWO days...

No comments: