This blog is primarily concerned with NIS 2007 (and a bit on NIS 08). I have nothing to say about more recent versions.

This blog is more or less dormant (except for occasional comments on related news), and is being left on-line as a historical record and perhaps as a warning to future generations of anti-virus coders.

2007-12-23

Still not paying any attention to the humans...

This morning I turn on my laptop, and I can see that there is some background activity. So (suspecting the usual culprit), I click on Run LiveUpdate to see if it is already running in the background in spite of me specifically and deliberately turning it off.



Set to manual only (Automatic OFF). It ignores me.

When I see a news story about someone that just went right over the edge, I wonder... ...maybe they have Symantec products on their PC.

No comments: