This blog is primarily concerned with NIS 2007 (and a bit on NIS 08). I have nothing to say about more recent versions.

This blog is more or less dormant (except for occasional comments on related news), and is being left on-line as a historical record and perhaps as a warning to future generations of anti-virus coders.

2008-08-16

Remember when I tried to count the issues?

The previous post was #100 (as was pointed out by Fred).

This just reminded me of the early days of this blog (waaay back then, all of about ten months ago), when I actually tried to count the problems. I think I gave up counting at 'Issue 19'.

Nobody has ever explained to me how commercial software could be released with so many of such obvious problems. I know that Symantec is not alone in this regard, but they're certainly one of the clearest examples.

No comments: