This blog is primarily concerned with NIS 2007 (and a bit on NIS 08). I have nothing to say about more recent versions.

This blog is more or less dormant (except for occasional comments on related news), and is being left on-line as a historical record and perhaps as a warning to future generations of anti-virus coders.

2008-10-02

Two down, one to go...

I've removed NIS from my new desktop. It was already gone from the old desktop as previously reported.

It used to be that when the Symantec Subscription expired, it was just the signature updates that were no longer available. Now the entire second tab of the program is disabled. This appears to block access to many of the program functions. So, no question - time to remove it.

I ran the Norton Removal Tool and rebooted. It appears to be gone, gone, gone. I reenabled the Windows Firewall and Defender.


I note with some amusement that the 'Memory Used' desktop gadget indication has dropped from about 45% to about 34% of the 2GB or RAM. This is with nothing running.


Next up - the laptop.

1 comment:

Doktor Notor said...

Good ridance! Congrats! ;)